Application for admission into the MISST program will be made to Graduate and Continuing Studies. Admissions decisions will be made by the Vice President of Graduate and Continuing Studies upon recommendation of the MISST faculty. If you would like to discuss whether the program is right for you, please call 740.826.8467 to talk to an advisor.
To be admitted into the Master of Information Strategy, Systems
and Technology, prospective participants must:
- Fill out and submit a completed Admission Application.
- Have three years professional experience.
- Submit a resume
- Submit original transcripts from all previous higher education institutions at which credit was earned. Transcripts must be sent directly to the University from the previous higher education institution in an officially sealed envelope.
- Provide a letter of recommendation preferably from a business professional including the ways in which the MISST program fits into the position or career path of the prospective participant.
- For international participants from non-English-speaking nations:
submit Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) scores. Minimum acceptable
- Written test -- 550
- Computer-based-- 213
- Internet TOEFL-- 79
Applicants who do not have undergraduate coursework in computer
science, information systems or business will be considered for admission, but may
be asked to complete additional coursework or provide additional information, such
- Strong evidence to support an understanding of technology
and its use in their organization
- An indication for how the program
fits into their career paths.
** While previous academic achievement suggests likelihood of success in graduate studies, Muskingum University recognizes that individual circumstances and experience may mitigate usual standards of achievement. Individuals who feel that the admission criteria do not accurately measure their own capability, performance and commitment to professional success may submit additional or alternative evidence of their achievement and potential.
All materials must be submitted to:
Graduate & Continuing Studies
163 Stormont Street
New Concord, OH 43762
Any questions may be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org or 740-826-8467
FInancial Aid Information:
Information on federal financial aid go to: www.fafsa.ed.gov
More information also available from the Muskingum University Graduate and Continuing Studies Financial Aid page