International Admissions
Program Overview
Undergraduate Admission and Financial Aid
Degree-Transfer Admission and Financial Aid
Exchange Student Admission
College Profile
Academic Majors
Online Forms & Literature
Frequently Asked Questions
Campus Photos
Program Calendar
English Support Program
Immigration Information
F-1 Information
J-1 Information
Related Links
Other Int'l Student Services
World Vision Organization
Modern Languages Department
Study Abroad
Contact Us

Information for Non-Immigrant Students (F-1 or J-1)

International Programs staff members provide information and support to international students attending Muskingum on F-1 and J-1 visas. We make every effort to be your advocates and to provide you with the guidance you will need in your interactions with the Muskingum community and with governmental agencies.

There are a number of laws and regulations, usually monitored by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) and/ or the US Department of State (DoS), which you will be required to follow in order to legally remain in the United States while pursuing your degree. The information in this handbook has been developed to help you better understand US laws and regulations important to international students. Your Immigration Advisor is truly concerned with helping you maintain your F-1 or J-1 visa status without interruption during your time as a student. Staying aware of and being compliant with the rules and regulations presented in the following pages will increase your ability to maintain your status; however, these rules can and do change. Ultimately, you alone are responsible for your maintenance of status. Whenever you have questions about the information in the handbook or any situation we have not covered here, we encourage you to contact your Immigration Advisor, Meri Linn McCollum , x8127.

If you are not a US citizen or legal permanent resident, but are not on a J or F visa, the Immigration Advisor on campus can provide general information and assist you with some questions regarding your status, but this information does not constitute legal advice. You may wish to engage the services of an immigration attorney.