Exchange Student Admission
Application Requirements for Designated Exchange Programs
Students from Muskingum's designated partner institutions should submit applications through their study abroad office. Deadlines vary by institution, but are usually around April 1st or 15th for the following Fall(August) term or November 1 for the Spring (January) term.
Complete applications to attend Muskingum will contain all of the following:
- Completed Exchange Visitor Information Form, with signatures.
- Current transcripts from home university (translations appreciated but not required)
- Certified bank letter showing sufficient funds for the length of your program. Letter should be on bank stationery and give the current balance in the account of the sponsor. If the account belongs to someone other than the parent/sponsor who signs the financial responsibility section of the application form, each additional sponsor must also provide a letter stating that he or she will be responsible for your expenses at Muskingum. An example of a bank letter is available here in pdf format.
- Proof of English language ability. TOEFL or other test of English as a second language preferred; alternatively, information on number of years studying English may be submitted.
- Additionally, although not required, it is very helpful to submit copies of passport information pages in order to facilitate immigration documents required for obtaining a US Exchange Visitor (J-1) visa.
Exchange applications may be sent to:
Office of International Admission
163 Stormont Street
New Concord, Ohio 43762 USA