|Application for Employment
Application for Employment(pdf format)
Application for Employment 10 07 09 (docx format)
Learning Associates (Tutors)
Muskingum University is now accepting applications for Learning Associates (tutors) part-time Muskingum University's PLUS Program. This specialized academic support program for college students with learning differences seeks personnel with backgrounds in disciplines such as social science, health, education, science, psychology, communications, English and other liberal arts. Requires minimum of Bachelor's Degree. Experience with students with learning differences a plus, but not required. Training provided. Position to start immediately. Fax resume, cover letter and references promptly to Executive Director for PLUS Center, 740-826-8285 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the PLUS office at 740-826-8280.
Director of Communication and Media Relations
Muskingum University seeks applicants for a full-time Director of Communication and Media Relations. This position will interpret and represent the activities and mission of the institution in a highly proactive manner to its various publics through all available and appropriate media outlets. Bachelor’s degree in communication, public relations or related field required. Experience in marketing and/or communications a must. Experience working in a private liberal arts University is a plus.
- Plan and implement local, regional and national media promotion for the University;
- Develop professional relations and serve as the chief liaison with appropriate local, regional and national media;
- Provide leadership and counsel in media relations for other departments on campus;
- Manage website (including home page and news releases) and social media presence;
- Coordinate the development and marketing of feature and news/sports stories about the University and its people;
- Participates and coordinates central communication in times of crisis;
- Serve as University spokesperson;
- Oversee and ensure campus compliance with all approved graphical identity standards and use of the institutional logo on all University publications.
Send cover letter, resume and 3 references to Coordinator of Human Resources, Muskingum University, 163 Stormont St., New Concord, OH 43762 or email email@example.com. Resumes will be accepted until position is filled. EOE.
Assistant Football Coach
Muskingum University is now accepting applications in the department of intercollegiate athletics for an Assistant Football Coach with emphasis given to coaching the offensive line. As the Assistant Football Coach, the successful candidate is responsible to assist the Head Coach in all coaching responsibilities as assigned, plus work effectively with the Head Coach and Admission’s Office in the recruitment and retention of quality student-athletes.
Qualifications: A Bachelor’s Degree is required; Master’s Degree preferred. Must have coaching experience on the offensive side of the football (line). Candidates should possess a strong commitment to motivate, teach, counsel, and recruit student-athletes within the guidelines of the NCAA and the Ohio Athletic Conference.
Please forward a cover letter, resume and a list of references to: Larry Shank; Director of Athletics; Muskingum University; Recreation Center; New Concord, Ohio 43762 or fax all three to 740-826-8300 or email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Review of candidates will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Muskingum University is an equal opportunity employer.
Vice President of Enrollment & Marketing
Muskingum University seeks an innovative strategist to lead enrollment initiatives and develop and implement its marketing and communication plan. As a member of the President’s Senior Leadership Team, this Vice President will serve as Chief Public Relations officer to the President and top administrative staff. The VP E& M, working with the leadership team and across the University community, will enhance Muskingum’s competitive position through enrollment growth and a cohesive marketing plan. This proven leader must be highly collaborative and capable of bringing the institution together over issues of brand marketing, key messaging, and the path to building and sustaining enrollment health. The ideal candidate will bring knowledge of current enrollment trends and marketplace realities; an understanding of financial aid and its relationship to enrollment; and the ability to lead the University’s effort to demonstrate its value proposition to prospective students and to all related audiences.
Duties and responsibilities:
Leads the development and execution of an integrated marketing, communication and recruitment plan that advances Muskingum’s strategic direction, ensures attainment of recruitment goals, differentiates Muskingum in a highly competitive marketplace and increases its regional and national exposure.
- Oversees the operations of marketing, recruitment and financial aid for the undergraduate program.
- Manages strategic initiatives and goals related to enrollment and marketing
- Directs the enrollment and marketing research agendas and the sharing of dashboard information across the institution to facilitate data-based decision making and adjust strategy to meet changing market conditions
- Manages budget and optimizes resources to achieve prioritized short and long term enrollment goals and advance the visibility of the institution and marketing
- Provides effective leadership of effective, goal-oriented admission and marketing teams.
- Provides marketing direction and consultation to the institution, including the academic divisions and administrative offices.
- Manages communications, marketing and advertising activities and web communications, in coordination with the Graduate and Continuing Studies division when appropriate. Seeks out new ways to deliver messaging, such as mobile devices, video and social media.
Areas reporting to the person in this position include admissions, financial aid, institutional research, and communications and media relations.
Highly competitive candidates will have a master’s degree or higher in a related field and 7-10 years of progressively increasing responsibility in the areas of enrollment management and marketing/communications.
To apply, send cover letter, resume and 3 references to VPEM@muskingum.edu. Resumes will be accepted until position is filled.
An equal opportunity employer, Muskingum University strongly encourages applications from women and minorities, including populations traditionally underserved by higher education.