Notification of Rights
In Accordance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) of 1974 and U.S. Department of Defense regulations, information from your education records will not be provided to third parties unless authorized by you. University personnel may access your records only to the extent necessary to fulfill their official duties. The University may, however, use personal information from your records (i.e. class, gender, GPA) without your consent for statistical analysis where no information can be individually identified.
In addition, the University may disclose Directory Information items without your consent. The items listed below are designated as Directory Information. The University may also disclose your name, address and date of birth to the U.S. Military pursuant to a recruiting request.
YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO HAVE THIS INFORMATION WITHHELD
The University will disclose the following information to anyone requesting the information specifying your name:
- Permanent city and state, local telephone number, e-mail address.
- Dates of attendance, class, major/minor, awards, honors, degree(s) earned and date(s) conferred.
The University may disclose the following information to the public as part of a University news release/publication or in applying for University sponsored or endorsed athletic and/or academic awards:
- GPA, major/minor and academic standing.
- Past and present participation in officially recognized sports and activities, physical factors (height, weight, etc. of athletes) and photographs.
The University will disclose the following information to the indicated parties:
- Academic and financial information to scholarship committees.
- Name, address and date of birth to the U.S. Military pursuant to a recruiting request.
REQUEST FOR NON-DISCLOSURE
If you do NOT want any of the above information released, you must complete a Request for Non-Disclosure form (available in the Registrars office) and submit it no later than the end of the published add/drop period each semester to avoid any disclosure. You may request non-disclosure after this date, however, some printed materials will have already been produced with your information included.