Support Staff Positions
- Application for Employment
Proctors– Muskingum University
Muskingum University seeks Proctors for on-call basis to provide examination and other accommodations to pre-qualified students with disabilities. Exam accommodations may include extended time for examinations to be taken outside of classroom, scribing, reading, monitor computer usage, assistive technology support, and reading course materials for digital format. Send cover letter, resume and 3 references to Coordinator of Human Resources, Muskingum University, 163 Stormont St., New Concord, OH 43762 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE
Chemistry Laboratory Manager– Muskingum University
Muskingum University is seeking a
part-time Chemistry Laboratory Manager. Will be responsible for the supervision of chemistry stockroom and laboratory. Preparation of reagents and special solutions. Maintain chemical, equipment and apparatus inventory levels. Train and supervise student assistants. Ensure proper storage and condition of chemicals, equipment and lab apparatus in accordance with OSHA requirements. Associate’s Degree in science area required; chemistry experience highly desirable.
Major Responsibilities: Overall supervision of the chemistry stockroom and preparation laboratory.
- Supervise student assistants in chemical/equipment preparation activities and:
- Guide and follow up on new student assistant in filling out Work Authorization forms Work Study Information Sheets, student Employment Work Schedules, and Request to Hire Non Work-Study Student forms.
- Manage student assistant work schedules, approve hours worked to Payroll
- Train student assistants in the following areas:
- Laboratory and stockroom safety
- Preparation and dispensing of chemical solutions
- Proper cleaning of laboratory areas, glassware and equipment
- Preparation of laboratory areas prior to classes
- Proper maintenance of lab equipment
- Responsible for preparation of reagents and special solutions for all laboratories as scheduled by the faculty.
- Maintain chemical, equipment and apparatus inventory levels while interfacing with the department chair including preparation of purchase orders and contact with chemical suppliers to ensure “best price”.
- Supervise the checking-in and out process of students in the laboratory courses.
- Ensure proper storage and condition of chemicals, equipment and lab apparatus in accordance with OSHA requirements.
Send cover letter, resume and 3 references to Coordinator of Human Resources, Muskingum University, 163 Stormont St., New Concord, OH 43762 or email email@example.com. EOE