Application Process for Transfer Students
Upon admission to Muskingum, all previous college transcripts will be evaluated for potential transfer credit. Upon review of submitted transcripts, the student will receive a Transcript Evaluation Form indicating which classes have been transferred and the credit value for each.
- To be eligible for transfer credit, courses must be completed at an accredited college or university with a grade of C- or better.
- Students may be asked to provide a college catalog from their previous institution(s) and/or a course syllabus for specific classes.
- Transfer students must complete a minimum of 32 credit hours at Muskingum University, regardless of the number of credits transferred from other institutions, in order to graduate from Muskingum.
- Class standing is determined by transferable semester credit hours. Minimum credit hours for class status are: sophomore (28), junior (60), senior (90).
- Quarter hours earned at previous institutions are modified to semester hours. One quarter hour equals 0.67 semester hours.
- Students may earn credits and/or advanced standing through departmental proficiency examinations, Advanced Placement Program, College Level Examination and through military service and lifelong experience.