Major Areas of Study: FRENCH
Course Offerings and Major/Minor Requirements
By number with credit-hours in parenthesis.
For more information on a specific course, visit the department web site.
- 111, 112. Beginning French I, II (4,4)
- 123. Masterpieces of French Literature in Translation (3)
- 211, 212. Intermediate French I, II (4,4)
- 240. Business French (3)
- 251. La Table Française (1)
- 301. Advanced French: Conversation and Pronunciation (3)
- 302. Advanced French: Grammar and Composition (3)
- 303. Survey of French Literature (3)
- 304. Survey of French and Francophone Literatures (3)
- 325. Topics in French Civilization (3)
- 350. Survey of French Cinema (3)
- 360. Topics in French Language and Culture (1-3)
- 431. French Culture Seminar (3)
Major Requirements (33 credit hours)
- French 431
- One course from another foreign language at the appropriate level
- Attendance at La Table Française (251) expected every semester, required when not enrolled in a French course; 2 hours applied to major or minor.
- 12 of the required 33 hours must be completed on campus before participating in a study abroad program.
- No more than two upper level courses taught in English are allowed to count toward major requirements.
Minor Requirements (17 hours)
- French 123, 300-level course
- Placement at appropriate level with permission of department chair
Teacher Licensure Requirements
- Muli-age Foreign Language (Pre-K through age 21).
- Visit Education department pages for specific course requirements
NOTE: Major/minor requirements are in addition to the Liberal Arts Essentials (LAE), which are required of all students to graduate.