Undergraduate Scholarship Provisions
Scholarship & Award Provisions
- A student must be enrolled on a full-time basis in order to receive
academic scholarships (John Glenn,
Muskingum Academic, Science Division),
Muskingum Awards (Muskie, Horizon, PLUS Opportunity,
Performance Awards (Art, Digital Media Design, Music, Print or Broadcast Journalism,
Forensics and Theatre),
Awards of Circumstance (Appalachian Regional, Alumni, Presbyterian,
Clergy, Sibling and General Motors/EEOC Grants).
All such awards are included in the Muskingum
Commitment Assessment Table.
- The John Glenn Scholarship is valued at full tuition (excluding overload charges). All other academic scholarships, Muskingum Awards, and Awards of Circumstance remain constant for the duration of attendance at Muskingum. Performance Awards may vary based on level of participation. Annual scholarship and award amounts are
disbursed to the students account in equal semester installments.
- Academic scholarships require a 3.0 (B) cumulative grade average(GPA) for renewal. Muskingum
Awards require that students maintain satisfactory academic progress. Standards for renewal of Science
Division Scholarships and Performance Awards are determined by the respective department or division.
- The standard duration of scholarships and awards is four years, or eight regular (fall & spring) semesters.
Permission to use the scholarship or award beyond the eight semester limit may be granted on a
- For 2013-14, students may receive total non-need based financial assistance (Muskingum Academic, Muskie,
Science Division, Performance Awards, or Awards of Circumstance) from Muskingum University up to a
yearly total of $17,000,
for students receiving the Sibling Grant. For students receiving Access Awards yearly total is $19,000, or $20,000 for those receiving the Sibling Grant.
- To be considered for need-based financial assistance in addition to scholarships and awards students
must file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Non-need based Muskingum
assistance will be included as part of a financial aid package.
In cases where scholarships, Muskingum awards, Performance awards or awards of circumstance are
made or increased after a need-based financial aid package has been awarded, the total increase in
Muskingum-funded aid is limited to $500 (for a single increase or additional award), or $1,000 (for
multiple increases or additional awards).