Resources and Links
The Ohio Environmental Science and Environmental Engineering Scholarship Program
$1,250 two year programs and $2,500 for four year programs.
Deadline is April 15, 2016.
These merit based, nonrenewable, scholarships will be given to undergradate students admitted to Ohio State or private colleges and universities who can demonstrate their knowledge and commitmenet to careers in environemtnal science or environmental engineering. Students must be in the final year of the program by the autumn term of 2016. Awardees will be selected by an Academy appointed panel using a blind review process. Scholarships may be used for tuition, fees, books, personal protection equipment, tools, instruments and field equipment but not housing.
Scholarship awardees will be selected on:
- Academic record with an overall GPA of at least 3.0
- Education, employment, and/or internships, honors/awars, professional memberships, publications, presentations given and professional meetings attended, and community service
- Reasons for choosing a carrer in environmental science or environmental engineering and how the scholarship will help
- Original research, scholarship, employment, and/or internships, or other unique contributions to environmental science or engineering
- Extracurricular activities and participation in organizations that demonstrate leadership, interpersonal skills and social responsibilies
- Letters of recommendation from education or environmental professionals.
All submissions will again be done online. https://mc04.manuscriptcentral.com/oas