Major Areas of Study: SPANISH
Course Offerings and Major/Minor Requirements
By number with credit-hours in parenthesis.
For more information on a specific course, visit the department web site.
- 111, 112. Beginning Spanish I, II (4,4)
- 123. Masterpieces of Hispanic Literature in Translation (3)
- 211, 212. Intermediate Spanish I, II (4,4)
- 240. Business Spanish (3)
- 251. Spanish Table (1)
290. Spanish for Criminal Justice (3)
291. Advanced Spanish Table (1)
- 301. Advanced Spanish: Conversation and Pronunciation (3)
- 302. Advanced Spanish: Grammar and Composition (3)
- 303. Panoramas of Hispanic Literature I (3)
- 304. Panoramas of Hispanic Literature II (3)
310. Study Abroad Seminar (1)
- 325. Hispanic Civilization (3)
- 350. Hispanic Cinema (3)
360. Topics in Hispanic Language and Culture (1-3)
- 431. Hispanic Culture Seminar (3)
- Major Requirements (33 credit hours, beyond 112)
- Study Abroad
- Spanish 310, 431
- One course from another foreign language at the appropriate level
- Enrollment in Spanish Table (251) expected every semester, required when not enrolled in a Spanish course; 2 hours applied to major or minor
- No more than one upper level course taught in English is allowed to count toward major requirements.
Minor Requirements (17 hours)
Teacher Licensure Requirements
- Multi-age Foreign Language (Pre-K through age 21).
- Visit Education department pages for specifics
NOTE: Major/minor requirements are in addition to the Liberal Arts Essentials (LAE), which are required of all students to graduate.