Major Areas of Study: FRENCH
Course Offerings and Major/Minor Requirements
By number with credit-hours in parenthesis.
For more information on a specific course, visit the department web site.
- 111, 112. Beginning French I, II (4,4)
- 123. Masterpieces of French Literature in Translation (3)
- 211, 212. Intermediate French I, II (4,4)
- 240. Business French (3)
- 251. French Table (1)
291. Advanced French Table (1)
- 301. Advanced French: Conversation and Pronunciation (3)
- 302. Advanced French: Grammar and Composition (3)
- 303. Survey of French Literature (3)
- 304. Survey of French and Francophone Literatures (3)
310. Study Abroad Seminar (1)
- 325. Topics in French Civilization (3)
- 350. Survey of French Cinema (3)
- 360. Topics in French Language and Culture (1-3)
- 431. French Culture Seminar (3)
Major Requirements (33 credit hours, beyond 112)
- Study Abroad
- French 310, 431
- One course from another foreign language at the appropriate level.
- Enrollment in French Table (251) expected every semester, required when not enrolled in a French course; 2 hours applied to major or minor.
- No more than one upper level French course taught in English is allowed to count toward major requirements.
Minor Requirements (17 hours)
Teacher Licensure Requirements
- Multi-age Foreign Language (Pre-K through age 21)
- Visit Education department pages for specific course requirements
NOTE: Major/minor requirements are in addition to the General Education in the Liberal Arts and Sciences Curriculum, which are required of all students to graduate.